This month I’m going to be featuring Fredrick Tyne, who you can find out more about here, although his character has changed some since I last wrote about him. Now, on to the questions!
1. How did you come up with this character?
I developed Fredrick for a sleeping-beauty retelling I wrote a year and a bit ago, and which I am currently trying to edit/rewrite.
2. Have they ever been starving? Why? And what did they eat to break the fast?
Nope. Sure he’s missed a few meals, but he’s never been actually starving.
3. Do they have a talent or skill that they’re proud of?
He is very good at fixing autowalkers (his world’s equivalent of a car). He hopes to become a mechanic when he grows up.
4. List 3 things that would make them lose their temper.
Overall Fredrick doesn’t get angry very often, and when he does he is pretty good at hiding it. Injustice, especially towards his friends will get him fired up, though.
5. What is their favourite type of weather? Least favourite?
Favourite is sunny and clear, with a crisp wind. Least favourite is freezing rain.
6. What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality?
I had a lot of fun running Fredrick’s personality through some quizzes, and the end results were this:
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor If he lived in the HP universe, could see my character being in Gryffindor, so I’m happy.
MBTI type: INFP (Introverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiving). I’m not so sure about the accuracy of this one, but whatever. He’s definitely an NP, but I would have pegged him as more extraverted and thinking.
7. Are they more likely to worry about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future?
Kind of both? Though usually his present problems are big enough that he doesn’t really have time to worry about the future.
8. What is their favourite thing to drink?
Hot chocolate. 😀
9. What is their favourite colour? Least favourite?
Favourite colour is red, least favourite is grey (if you count that as a colour :P)
10. What is a book that changed their life?
Fredrick was raised in an environment where reading was considered a boring chore. Aside from books he had to read for school, he has avoided books and reading as much as possible.
Tell me below what you think of my new-and-improved Fredrick! Hope all your Septembers are going well. And now I need to get back to studying!