I was going to post this last week, but I guess that didn’t happen. 😛
I’m going to answer these questions for both of my main characters for the novel I am currently writing.
Let’s do this.
1. Do they want to get married and/or have children? Why or why not?
This can actually be easily answered for both of them: Yes, but in the far-off and vague future. Though they’re both single, they have just graduated from high school, and are a little too preoccupied with not dying to be out searching for soul mates at the moment.
2. What is their weapon of choice?
Hunter’s weapon of choice is a gun, thanks to his intense and non-voluntary training with The Lirion, a violent gang run by a powerful oil baron.
Sydney’s weapon of choice is a computer and his brain.
3. What’s the nicest thing they’ve done for someone else, and why did they do it?
To be honest, I don’t know. I guess I’ll have to write the book to find out…
4. Have they ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?
Hunter most certainly has, thanks again to The Lirion.
Sydney only uses violence as self-defence and wherever possible tries to talk and plan himself out of danger. As for particulars… spoilers, much?
5. Are they a rule-follower or a rebel?
They are both rebels. Hard core.
6. Are they organized or messy?
Hunter used to be incredibly messy, but during the timeline of the novel he keeps all his stuff exactly where it belongs so he always knows where something is if he needs it.
Sydney is a little on the absent-minded side and this results in his stuff wandering off on him a fair amount. His standard modus operandi is an ‘organized mess’.
7. What makes them feel loved, and who was the last person to make them feel that way?
Hunter feels loved when people make him food. Bringing him a sandwich is almost always a sure-fire way to get into his good books. The last person to make him feel loved was definitely his mom. She makes great sandwiches.
Sydney feels most loved when, if he is feeling down and alone while working, someone comes and quietly works on a separate project beside him. He appreciates that the person noticed he was feeling alone or sad but that they also respected that he may not want to chat or be loud. Hunter is the last person who did this for him.
8. What do they eat for breakfast?
Whatever they can find. 😉
9. Have they ever lost someone close to them? What happened?
10. What’s their treat of choice? (Or, if not food, how else do they reward themselves?)
Hunter loves chocolate ice cream cake. He doesn’t get it very often, but once in a blue moon his mom would make one for him and it was always the best thing ever.
Sydney is a big fan of red liquorice. Pull’n’peel, Twizlers, Nibs… In his books there’s nothing better than kicking back with a book in one hand and a twizler in the other after a long day of work.