Tracey Dyck @ Tracey Dyck bestowed upon me the quest of doing the Infinity Dreams Blog Award! And just in time, too. As you can probably imagine, not having time for reading or writing much thins out my ideas for bookish blog posts quite considerably, and so I am eternally thankful to Tracey for tagging me just when I needed it. (Also she is fantabulous and you should definitely go and check out her blog!)
Anyways, on to the tag!
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
ELEVEN FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD BLOGGER:
1. I really like snow
2. I am allergic to horses (and cats and dogs and anything that sheds fur).
3. But that didn’t prevent me from taking horseback riding lessons. ;p
4. Or owning a dog
5. Warm fresh-baked blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream is one of my all-time favourite desserts, closely followed by Billy Miner Pie.
6. I think trees are super cool
7. Sometimes I loose track of time when I’m doing my math/science homework because it’s fun (yes, I’m a shameless nerd)
8. I enjoy cooking and baking, especially if I can mess with the recipe and still have it turn out
9. My favourite colour is blue
10. I can say hello, yes, no, and handful of other key phrases in Albanian
11. I think it’s a travesty that Canada doesn’t have Jelly Babies
THE QUESTIONS, AS POSED BY THE INFAMOUS QUESTER TRACEY:
1. Describe the most recent dream you can remember having.
That would be last night. I dreamt about doing homework. And then woke up in a panic thinking I had a lab report due the next day, before remembering that it is not due for another three weeks. Your typical university student dream, right there. 😛
2. “To infinity and beyond!” Who’s your favorite Toy Story character?
Oh boy! Toy Story has an excellent cast of characters, and I have such fond memories of watching those movies as a kid… except the first one, which scared me. Sid was evil, okay? Anyways, I’m going to go with Slinky the dog. He was pretty awesome. Or Bullseye. Those two were just so great.
3. If Iron Man and Captain America were pitted against each other (not that hard to imagine), who would you root for?
Captain America all the way!
4. What are your top three favorite things about autumn?
I love when the leaves turn and my street becomes this beautiful glowing orange cathedral. I also love thanksgiving (and the Pumpkin Fair!), and the feel of a crisp wind on my face.
5. When’s your prime time: morning, midday, or late at night?
Judging by how early I voluntarily get out of bed, I’m going to say morning. Also, I love watching sunrises. 😀
6. You’ve been handed the leash of an emperor’s pet tiger–quick, what do you do with it?
Actually, I’d probably try to find someone a bit more qualified than me to handle the tiger before it killed anyone thanks to my inept tiger leash-holding.
7. Do you have any pre-writing ‘rituals’ or habits? (If you’re not a writer, feel free to describe any other preparatory habits of yours, whether it’s your morning routine, or what you do to get ready for studying, or anything else.)
Is procrastination a pre-writing ritual? It’s not? Oh.
I suppose I generally pick some good writing tunes, then I re-read what I wrote the day before, tweaking a few things here and there to get my writer juices going, and then I dive right in! (For example before writing this post I found the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack on YouTube. It makes for very epic writing.)
8. Favorite song artist?
I’m going to have to go with Jon Foreman for this one.
9. Name a real-life hero of yours.
Paul Hopkins. He was a speaker on my DTS (the six-month programme I did last year), and he is just so amazing! I learned so much from him.
10. What’s your goal(s) in blogging?
To have fun! XD
11. Name a literary/film couple you shipped that ended up sinking.
Ooh this is a tough one! Usually for me there’s ships I hope will sink but they end up sailing instead (cough cough every love triangle ever). I honestly can’t think of an example right now – oh, no, wait – that couple from Remains Of The Day. That ship most definitely did not sail, in the most annoying philosophical and tragic miscommunications-y way ever.
Tracey nominated pretty much everyone I follow, so I’m going to break the rules and nominate this sole fantastic blogger:
Aine @ Writing On A Vintage Typewriter
and anyone else who wants to do this tag/award/thing. 😀
MY NEFARIOUS AND EVIL QUESTIONS OF DOOM:
1. Favourite fictional character EVER!
2. Favourite movie soundtrack?
3. What is your ideal Saturday?
4. Name a song that’s been stuck in your head lately.
5. Coke or Pepsi?
6. Name a fictional couple you didn’t ship but ended up together anyways.
7. Chocolate cake with vanilla icing, or vanilla cake with chocolate icing?
8. If you could re-live any day in history, what day would you choose?
9. What is the thickest book you’ve ever read?
10. How long does it take you to write a typical blog post?
11. Funniest thing you’ve heard/read/seen today?
And that, my friends, concludes my Infinity Dreams Blog Award. Chocolate chip internet cookies to you dear readers who made it to the end of this long and rather strange post. 😀
Tell me – what ship of yours has sunk?